Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Monday, March 1, 2021 - Home

I made it home safe and sound today around 4pm.  I met Fred for lunch in St. Marks and then headed home.  It felt good to be home.  Overall, a good trip.  I enjoyed meeting the Defective Gene Pool goofs and had no issues or problems on the trip other than a few minor physical issues - itching welts and my back got tired.  The new Sargent seat worked great - it kept me warm when needed and was comfortable on the long hauls.  I traveled 2,750 miles total on the trip in 8 days.  For the Long Distance Rider group, that is small potatoes, but for me, that is good.  General observations/comments:

  • I missed not having my riding (and life) partner Susie.  I enjoyed the riding a lot, but it was not as much fun as having Sooz with me on the back of the bike when we can chat about surroundings and at night exploring new areas and finding good food.
  • The landscape of the Texas Hills country was less than impressive.  It was nice and, like some areas of Florida, has a subtle beauty to it, but nothing that I would go out of my way to visit again.
  • It seemed like every section of the Interstate system I was on was under construction and not fun to ride on - with the one exception of the portion of I-49 I took from Natchitoches to Alexandria, LA - that was a nice section of highway.
  • People in Texas drive at or under the speed limit in the cities and towns which was very  frustrating until I recalibrated my attitude.
  • The pastry I bought at the Little Czech Bakery made it home in good shape.
  • I am really happy and impressed with my BMW motorcycle - it performed flawlessly.


Meeting Fred for lunch in St. Marks, FL


Trip summary from the bike's computer


Cleaning off the road grime at home








No comments:

Post a Comment