Saturday, June 24, 2017

June 24, 2017 Hillsville, VA to Grantville, PA. 411 miles

Another full day riding with a couple of great detours.  I left Hillsville on SR 211 and picked up Indian Valley Dr. to I-81.  Indian Valley Dr. was a gorgeous ride; small two-laned, twisty road through the woods with very little traffic.  This road is a keeper, if you are ever in the area you need to check it out.  On one corner I felt the front and rear tires slip a little which woke me up. The area received a lot of rain and winds over the last couple of days which left gravel, twigs, branches and wet leaves on the road resulting in many slippery areas, especially in the morning with dew.  I wasn't going fast but I slowed down even more and enjoyed the scenery that much more.

Using my GPS is always a way to increase my adventure. I must have the GPS set on 'shortest distance' instead of 'fastest route' because I ended up on a couple of dirt roads.  Never a dull moment.

I stayed on I-81 until Buena Vista, VA where I had a coffee and long chat with a local at a very local cafe.  After leaving BV I picked up the Blue Ridge Parkway and road that for 40 miles or so before getting back on I-81 and heading to Grantville.





No comments:

Post a Comment