Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday, February 26, 2021 - Allen, TX

I just got back to my room here in Allen, TX after attending the Defective Gene Pool pizza dinner and presentation by Paul Pelland, aka LongHaulPaul. It was mostly a bunch of old white guys drinking beer and having fun. This group reminds me of another esteemed group I am familiar with in the sense that when I look around the room I wonder, what would these guys be doing if they weren't doing this?  And you really would not want to know the answer.  They are all serious long distance motorcycle riders and active members of the Iron Butt Association regularly riding 1,000 miles in 24 hours or 1,500 miles in 36 hours. This is their hobby and these are their people.  When I mentioned to someone that I am not an IBA member and have never ridden over 700 miles in one day they looked at me funny and asked how did I find out about this event.  It is an obscure group.  I enjoyed meeting them, they are nice people.

DGP trial of Longhaulpaul



On my ride from Fredricksburg to Allen I stopped for lunch at The Little Czech Bakery.  Susie and I had seen it on one of the food shows we watch and it was right on the way so I stopped in.  Neat place.

The morning started out in the 40s, overcast and a little misty.  I cranked up the heated vest, seat and grips and did fine.  Traffic in Dallas was not fun. 

Some of the DGP bikes in the parking lot. They have auxiliary gas tanks and lots of other long distance add ons (farkles).

No comments:

Post a Comment