Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunday, August 6, 2023 - Northampton, England - Silverstone MotoGP Race

 I attended the Silverstone MotoGP race today.  Sooz's back was hurting, so she couldn't go.  We had tickets for yesterday also, but we both decided we didn't want to stand around in the rain at the track, so we didn't go.  Today's weather was good overall, a little cool (low 60s) and windy, but no rain.  Although, portions of the track must have had a little rain because the announcer said a couple of the racers were using rain tires, but I never had rain where I was.

It was fun and I'm glad I went.  I had general admission tickets which allowed me to move around and see different parts of the track, but most of the best seating was off limits to me because I didn't have reserved seating.

The racing was great.  There were 4-5 racers competing for the win all the way to the last lap. For you MotoGP fans, Aleix Espargaro from Spain racing an Aprilia won the main event on Sunday by only 0.215 seconds.  The top 4 finishers were all within 1 second at the end.

This is a short video of the first lap of the MotoGP I took from my vantage point - HERE



The GS amongst its own at the track



Luffield Corner where I watched the race



Formula 1 also races here at Silverstone so the track is well setup with lots of viewing areas and vendors



Lap 2 with Aussie Jack Miller leading on a KTM




Where I bought Sooz and me an official tee-shirt



Part of the infield still muddy from yesterday's rain


2 comments: