Monday, June 19, 2023

Monday, June 19, 2023 - Andermatt - Devil's Bridge, Göscheneralpsee Staudamm

 It's been a restful and busy week since I last posted.  Sooz and I took a couple of days for R & R, walking to town, eating and resting up.   Our son Sam and his girlfriend, Miranda, joined us Friday and we have been busy checking out new areas with them.  It's great to see them, and see Andermatt and the Alps through their eyes.  I wasn't sure if they would have a similar reaction as Sooz and I; wonder, amazement, awe - and they have.  They both are as stunned by the scenery and scale as Sooz and I.

This is a video of the Tour de Suisse running in front of our apartment.

A short video of the waterfall on our way to the Göscheneralpsee Staudamm.



One of my favorite pictures of Sooz, sitting next to a waterfall on our way to the Göscheneralpsee Staudamm.



Sooz, Sam and Miranda in Andermatt



Sam and Miranda learning the local area from Bernie, a shop owner in Andermatt



Sooz and me at The Devil's Bridge near Andermatt




Waterfall at Devil's Bridge



Goofing at Devil's Bridge



A claustrophobic tunnel at Devil's Bridge



Devil's Bridge



Way down the road Sam and Miranda communing with the local cows



My pasty white feet getting numb in a local glacier fed stream



Sam and Mom



Watching cashmere goats



Cashmere goats under a don't drive on the grass sign



Some of the marauding gangs of wild and crazy Vespa club riders in Andermatt




No comments:

Post a Comment