Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12, 2017 Riviere Du Loup to Quebec City, 133 miles

We took our time leaving RDL for Quebec. Sooz found an ice cream shop she wanted to visit before we left and I reluctantly agreed...ot didn't take much convincing.  The drive was uneventful on a 4 laned divided highway similsr to I-75 following the south side of the St. Lawrence River. We stopped once to bundle up as the temp dropped to low 60s, high 50s with solid cloud cover.
We found our hotel in Quebec with no problem. It is in the Old Quebec part of town which is beautiful. I had to unload our bags and get to the BMW shop for an oil/filter change, and rear brake pads as it turns out.  I'm at the shop right now. Everything else including tires look good.  I should get out of here by 5pm and back to the hotel in 30 or 45 minutes with traffic. This is one of the nicest motorcycle shops I have ever seen.  It is large, clean, with lots of bikes and a well organized service area.
I was talking to a customer who was here for a Ducati demo ride.  He told me registration costs for a sport bike are about $1,200 and for a non sport bike about $600 ANNUALLY!  
We will lay low tonight and see our nephew tomorrow evening and Friday.  We head to Burlington, Vermont Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. For reasons not known to us Canadians seem to love their ice cream. There were shops everywhere. Of course we were selective in our choice of locations to test out.

    ReplyDelete