Sunday, July 16, 2017

July 16, 2017 Burlington, Vermont to East Dorset, Vermont 100 miles

A slow start to our travels today because we liked Burlington so much.  We had breakfast at August 1st Bakery and Cafe in the downtown area where we were introduced to Maple Sticky Biscuits made with real Vermont maple syrup, not too shabby way to start the day.
Susie then found the main corporate store for April Cornell in Burlington. She really likes their home and clothing products so that was a must stop for over an hour.  She even got to meet April herself and had their picture taken together.  Susie really enjoyed it and is bringing home some new things to brighten up our house.  I enjoyed sitting on a very comfortable couch directly across from several very happy and tweeting birds in a birdcage.  I needed to offset many negative points I aquired by Susie riding hundreds of miles in cold, wet weather through trees and more trees.  I don't think I'm yet back into positive point territory but today helped a lot.
The ride to East Dorset was beautiful. Softly rolling hills of deep blue-green grass, wooded slopes and the classic black and white cows.  Very picturesque.  We are staying 2 nights at the Wilson House B&B in East Dorset. Then it's off to Portland where Susie will fly back to Gainesville on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Loved Burlington, there was a special artist day going on which is how I ended up seeing April Cornell. As to earning extra points, I'm not sure where we were when I started looking up airports to escape the cold and scenery, my friend Nikki wasn't kidding when she said Nova Scotia had lots of trees.

    ReplyDelete