Sunday, July 2, 2017

July 2, 2017 Trinity, NL to Cape Bonavista and back 75 miles

We had a nice breakfast this morning downstairs in our B&B and goofed with the women serving us telling them that I would be very grumpy if I  didn't get lots of coffee soon.  Sooz said I would only be a little less grumpy. They seemed to think that was funny.  It only goes to show that true Geezerdom knows no international boundaries. 
The weather was perfect for The Mighty GS - mid 40s, foggy, misty and breezy so I had to go for a ride.  I rode up to Cape Bonavista and saw the lighthouse. I purposefully rode slow, didn't use blinkers and would stop in the road for no apparent reason other than to take a picture and enjoy the scenery.  It's payback to all the fine Canadians who visit Florida - who we appreciate and want to keep returning.  Almost every local we speak with has visited Florida at least once and wants to go back, we encourage them to do so.
The scenery combined with the weather made for a perfect day.  Not sure why I enjoy riding in these conditions but I do.  Mid 40s temp, wind, fog, mist, rocks, cliffs, my first iceberg sighting, boats, saltwater, freshwater, beware of moose road signs, and 10 miles of pothole-filled dirt road made my day.  Sooz stayed back at the B&B enjoying the heat.  The flower is a Blue Flag Iris which to my untrained eye looks a lot like an orchid from Florida. 
After I returned we walked around Trinity, had lunch and Sooz bought a scarf and headband. They were handmade by 'local women' and sold through a town co-op. We are forecast to get more rain tonight and then clear up and warm up to the 70s by morning. Tomorrow we leave for 2 nights at another B&B near Twillingate.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible, looks like your'e enjoying every second. Say Hi to Susan. By the way......it's real hot here back home

    ReplyDelete