Saturday, June 19, 2021

June 19, 2021 - Williamsburg, KY

Today was all about getting from Point A to Point B.  I left Gainesville at 6:30am and arrived in Williamsburg around 6pm after 620 miles.  I had rain off and on for several hours but the temperature was pleasant, temps in the 70s and 80s.  The worst part of the day was the traffic in and around Atlanta.  It was bad, fully stopped at times and very slow on and off for well over an hour.  They were no accidents or construction sites, just too many cars.  I sure wish all states in the U.S. allowed lane splitting for motorcycles like they do in Europe.  

The low beam on my headlight is not working so I stopped in at the BMW shop in Atlanta to see if they had a replacement but they didn't have one so off I went.  It was a nice shop and they had a nice selection of bikes especially compared to shops in Florida.  

Tomorrow I ride to Ludington, MI. It's about 620 miles, similar to today and it looks like I might hit some rain as I head north.  Monday I'll take the ferry across Lake Michigan to Wisconsin. 

Wooly's BMW shop in Atlanta

Wooly's BMW shop in Atlanta

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment