Monday, June 21, 2021

June 21, 2021 - La Crosse, WI

It was a 10 minute ride from my hotel to the loading dock for the S.S. Badger. Temps were in the upper 50's, very windy and overcast.  Motorcycles were the last to board.  While waiting outside I met and chatted with some Harley riders and a couple of fellow BMW riders who were also going to the rally in Montana.  We were the only passengers who drove on board. All other vehicles were driven on board by port staff. Once we tied down the bikes I walked around the outside deck and then went to the lounge area.

I sat with one of the other BMW riders and then we started chatting with a couple from Tucson. The husband had 7 Triumph motorcycles and rode a lot.  

That's when Bingo started.  The guy calling the numbers told one corny dad joke after another. It was fun even though I didn't win anything. 

After disembaking in Mantowac, WI I rode about 30 minutes,  got chilled and stopped to put on warmer gear. After reading about the major heat wave hitting the western states I almost didn't bring any cold weather gear but I'm glad I did.  I brought a jacket liner and electric heated vest. I just used the lineer but I may use the vest tomorrow morning.

I saw an Amish horse drawn buggy today. I couldn't get a photo.

Tomorrow I have about a 500 mile straight shot to Murdo, SD.  I'll be meeting a couple of guys from the Raiders riding group out of Ohio. Sooz and I rode with them a couple of years ago in Ohio.  They are also going to the rally.

Fellow riders waiting to board

Boarding the S.S. Badger

S.S. Badger

Leaving Ludington, MI

Leaving Ludington

No comments:

Post a Comment