Wednesday, June 23, 2021

June 23, 2021 - Cody, WY

My new friends Dave and Clyde and I rode from Murdo, SD to Cody today. The temps ranged from upper 60's to 97. Skies were mostly clear and sunny.  Long sections of I-90 had a speed limit of 80 mph. Plus it was windy at times. It was really beautiful especially in the morning. Rolling hills of grassland for miles and miles. I think sections we rode through are called the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands.

Wyoming was similar for awhile with base elevation of 4,000-4,500 feet above sea level. We then began to rise when we left I-90 and took Hwy 14 with elevations topping out at just under 8,000 feet.  

I changed my plans to meet my brother Ted in Great Falls, MT tomorrow, one day earlier than my original plans.  It will be fun to see him. He flew to LA, bought a used 2016 BMW K1300 S and started riding up the California Coastal Highway. He will be in Great Falls tomorrow. 

Below are pictures from my site seeing yesterday. Hopefully the wifi is better in this hotel.

Entrance to the SPAM Museum in Austin, SD

My SPAM friend and I watching the  SPAMalot video. My son Sam and I also saw the Broadway show in NYC several years ago

An amazing selection of SPAM

The Dignity Statue in ND

This shot gives you a better idea of the scale

My bike fully loaded

Looking west from the Dignity Statue at the Missouri River

Action photo of Dave and Clyde trying to figure out how to pair their Bluetooth intercom systems on their helmets

Street sign outside our hotel in Cody, WY

No comments:

Post a Comment