Thursday, June 24, 2021

June 24, 2021 - Great Falls, MT

Dave, Clyde and I left Cody around 7:30am and headed towards the Beartooth Pass Highway.  It was a beautiful ride of hairpin turns rising up to just under 11,000 feet.  We were riding with snow all around us.  Temps got down to 51 degrees at the highest altitude and near 90 when we wound our way down the mountain.  

I went to the BMW rally site as soon as I got to Great Falls.  I registered and arranged to get a new rear tire installed because the current one is showing a lot of wear.

I also met my brother Ted and will be spending time with him as we eventually start heading back to Florida.  We are scheduled to spend 3 nights here which is good because I'm a little tired. 

The route I took today

Along the Beartooth Highway

Me stretching my arms at high altitude in my hi viz jacket

My brother Ted in Great Falls with his new motorcycle he bought in LA

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you arrived safe and sound. hi to Ted looking forward to hearing about his adventures after the Mojave Desert

    ReplyDelete