Thursday, May 26, 2022

May 26, 2022 - Wisconsin Dells - 422 miles

It was pretty much all highways today, with less traffic and less construction than yesterday. The weather was cool, warm and then cool averaging in the 70s which was nice. Once again the wind picked up in the afternoon.

Combined over the last 2 days I have seen 11 dead deer on the side of the road, several looked to be dead no more than a day or so. There are a lot of deer around these parts and I do not want to encounter one on the bike which is a big reason why I don't like to ride at dusk or night. 

The agriculture report for today - mostly unplanted fields due to a very wet spring or just emerging corn and soybeans. I saw some cattle but no big herds.

I saw a lot of wind farms in Wisconsin. The clerk where I got gas said most of them came in during the last year or so. 

This morning I had a nice conversation with a couple around my age who were traveling around visiting family. They got married 3 years ago after meeting online and they seemed very happy. This was the third conversation I have had over just the last 3 days during which people were surprised I could ride to Alaska because they thought it is an island - I kid you not.  We really need to teach kids more geography. 

I have my sights on staying in Fargo, North Dakota tomorrow night. We shall see.

Today's route

I have ridden about 1,300 milrs over the last 3 days but I still have a long way to go

I visited a veterans memorial site in Janesville, WI for the Tour of Honor rally

Janesville memorial 

2 comments:

  1. How's the new Barcoliner seat holding up ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barcoliner? That must be a Ft. White thing. 🙃

      The seat is the dream! No discomfort at all.

      Delete