Saturday, May 28, 2022

May 28, 2022 - Minot, ND - 230 miles

Change of plans. I decided to pick up another Tour of Honor site, visit the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center and then overnight in Minot.  It ended up being along day, not so much in mileage but in time. The weather was beautiful all day and windy again. I guess it's going to be windy most of the time. The worst effect of the wind is the noise so I wear ear plugs which help a lot.

Agriculture report - miles and miles of fields being worked or with last year's corn stubble. I think it is all corn. I saw 3 huge corn ethanol plants which is of course used as a gasoline additive.  FYI - corn ethanol is basically moonshine which is not for the weak of mind or body.

The L&C Center and Fort Mandan was okay but nothing special.  There are several Centers in other states which might be more interesting but this one was all re-created objects including the fort.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm tired so I don't think I will ride for hundreds of miles but I would like to cross into Canada which isn't very far from here. 

I think this is a dogwood. The flowers look like snow when they fall off

One of several continental divides I crossed in North Dakota. Not exactly sure how that works.

Kind of ironic that I have seen more gas stations selling ethanol free gas in the land of corn ethanol than I have seen in Florida.

Fort Mandan 

Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center 

Inside the L&C Center 

Mid-sized corn elevators.  Some are much bigger.

North Dakota 

No comments:

Post a Comment