Tuesday, May 24, 2022

May 24, 2022 - Rome, GA - 426 miles

It was a nice uneventful first day of the trip. I got rolling around 8:30am already sweating in what felt like 100% humidity. Once I got moving I was comfortable even though my glasses were fogging up at times.  

The only real traffic I had was when I headed west off I-75 because I wanted to avoid Atlanta traffic but it didn't work. I got jammed up on 2-laned roads and slow traffic but still got to my hotel in Rome before 5pm. 

I had a nice conversation at dinner with a guy also named Terry who said I could tell all my friends in Florida that "a Georgia redneck talked my ears off."  A good guy, former motorcyclist and fellow traveler.

Official odometer mileage at start of trip - 39,714

A big shout out and thanks to Bolay restaurants for contributing a penny per mile to Gainesville for All (GNV4ALL)!  Our son Max is a manager at the Gainesville Bolay restaurant and provided the nice shirts.

Today's route



No comments:

Post a Comment