Sunday, May 29, 2022

May 29, 2022 - Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada - 300 miles

I feel like our trip was officially christened today. Temp got down to 58 during a solid rainstorm, it felt like gale force winds all day, I crossed the border into Canada, I missed a turn and had to ride 2 miles on a wet, muddy, slippery dirt road and I almost ran out of gas. And I can honestly say it was a good day.

I had a fun and long conversation with an official Canadian Geezer in a Burger King while drinking coffee. He confirmed that the Canadian restaurant chain Tim Horton's has the best coffee.  He asked me if there were Burger King's in the States and I let him know that they are Miami-based. 

I visited the town where they filmed the sitcom Corner Gas. It's a fun show and they were showing reruns in my hotel room.

Gas in Canada is over $8 a gallon! It cost me about $35 U.S. to fill up the bike and an extra one gallon container I carry. 

One liter of gas costs $2.12 Canadian which works out to be about $8 a gallon U.S.

Corner Gas (Did you notice the mud on the bike?)

Saskatchewan 

One bar reading on the gas gauge with 14 mile range left. That's too close for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment