Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27, 2022 - Fargo, ND - 400 miles

What a difference a day makes. Temp this morning was 55 so I put on warm gloves and a jacket liner. I have an electric heated vest but I didn't use it and I was fine. By afternoon the temp was 82, windy and sunny. The terrain was pretty flat until I got to western Minnesota where it became hilly.

Agriculture report - lot of tilled land and maybe planted but no crops to see. Lots of tractor work going on in the fields and the tractors use tracks like a tank instead of wheels - I've never seen that before.

I gave up counting dead deer on the side of the road there were so many.  But I did see a live deer in an open field, he was watching me very suspiciously. 

This morning at the hotel I had a nice conversation with a father and his son.  The live in a small town of 1,000 people in Nebraska and were taking a vacation in the Wisconsin Dells. They thought about going to Disney in Florida but decided it was too expensive. His son at breakfast was his biological son. He and his wife have a total of 6 kids, 4 of whom are adopted. I was really impressed with he and his wife. Of course I gave him and his son a GNV4ALL Goes to Alaska cards to learn about it and follow us.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.  The Plains Art Museum is here in Fargo but it doesn't open until 11am.  I'll probably go to the museum and have a short day riding.  It's about 350 miles to the Canadian border so I will cross into Saskatchewan on Sunday. 

Be sure to check out the photo below with the buffalo.

There was once a nesting area with 136 million carrier pigeons in Wisconsin!  Who knew?  Look at that blue sky!

An impressive Vietnam War memorial in St. Cloud, Minnesota 

I was not expecting to be able to get this close to a buffalo in Minnesota! 

No comments:

Post a Comment