Monday, May 23, 2022

May 23, 2022 - Gainesville, FL

 I will be leaving for Anchorage tomorrow May 24, 2022 instead of May 25.  That will give me a little extra breathing room plus I am going stir crazy and Susie told me I was driving her nuts.  

The map below shows my route for going to Anchorage with some waypoints along the way.  Susie will be flying to Anchorage and meeting me on June 7, 2022.  We will then ride around Alaska for a week or so and then start heading south to Portland, OR for our niece's wedding July 9, 2022.  The only room reservation I have heading north is tomorrow night and then in Anchorage.  I'm going to play it by ear on the way up and make hotel reservations day-to-day depending on how I feel and what I see.  

We found hotels in AK were getting full so we made reservations in AK and on our way to Portland. We'll then travel on a day-to-day basis on where we will be staying on the way back to Gainesville.

Below is the link to our GPS tracker so you can follow us in real time to see where we are.

Tracker Link:


Planned route north and south


This is the dry bag for all of Susie's riding gear that I will be carrying with me to Alaska next to our dog Bandit.  It's a big bag but doesn't weigh too much.  Bandit will be staying in Gainesville with our son Max.


No comments:

Post a Comment