Friday, June 3, 2022

June 3, 2022 - Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada - 277 miles

Pierre and I road together most of today. I had to change my plans a little after speaking with the owner of the place I stayed last night. I planned on heading north on Highway 4 to Camacks. Michael, the hotel owner, said I needed to be able to travel 250 to 300 miles without getting gas.  He kept repeating that there is nothing on that route until it finally sunk into my thick skull. I don't have that kind of range on my bike so I decided to head to Whitehorse  on the Alcan Highway. And I didn't run out of gas which was good.

Temperatures ranged from 55 in the morning to 78 in the afternoon and was sunny with no rain or wind. Ideal conditions. 

We went through 2 sections of dusty unpaved road that were each several miles long. It was hardpacked and pretty stable with only a few wobbly loose gravel stretches.

A black bear was the only wild animal I saw today.

From yesterday  - a still-frozen Summit Lake at 4,200 feet above seal level

Me trying not to fall over on the gravel road

Random shot

Stream shot

New sticker for the bike's side case

Me trying to remember which is the clutch lever and which is the brake lever

Create a caption for this picture 

2 comments: