Wednesday, June 1, 2022

June 1, 2022 - Ft. Nelson, British Columbia - 280 miles

Today was wildlife day.

I saw my first moose on the side of the road.  Scared the crap out of me. Massive and dark. I thought it was a larger-than-life statue until it turned around and galloped into the brush. 

I also saw a total of 4 black bears casually eating grass on the side of the road. Luckily they paid me no attention and stayed put.

While I haven't seen any beaver I have seen their handiwork. Who else would build log dams on small streams out in the middle of nowhere? 

I am really feeling like I'm in the far north. The ride was through solid forests and I had my first peak of snow capped mountains. I rode over 120 miles without seeing any commercial business including a gas station. 

I'm doing good with my plan to get to Anchorage before Susie flies in Tuesday, June 6. I have traveled 3,600 miles and have about 1,300 miles to get to Anchorage in 5 days. That's doable.

if you look closely you can see snow capped mountains 

Mile 5 of the world famous Alaska Highway 

Lunch break in the northern Alberta woods

Lookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment