Tuesday, June 7, 2022

June 7, 2022 - Anchorage, AK

Quick update.  I arrived in Anchorage yesterday after about a 200 mile ride. I stopped by to see Phil Freeman the owner of MotoQuest a motorcycle tour and rental company headquartered in Anchorage. Phil was the guide on the first big motorcycle adventure I took about 10 years ago. We rode through the Patagonia region of Chile and Argentina to Tierra del Fuego. Phil is one of those free spirits you don't easily forget. He was in the office and we are going to try to get together after Sooz arrives. 

I ended up changing hotels here in Anchorage. The original hotel was not good and expensive, not a good combo. I now have a room which is much better. Sooz will be flying out of Orlando soon and hopefully arriving tonight. Her flight keeps getting delayed so there is a chance she may not make her connection in Chicago to Anchorage. Fingers crossed. 

My main goal for today is to get the bike serviced. It's already time for an oil change and checkover. This is the shortest period of time between oil changes ever!

Late update.  I was able to get the bike serviced and while waiting in the log cabin waiting area I met 2 interesting characters I will describe later.

The big news is that Soo@ made it to Anchorage!

The GS at MotoQuest in Anchorage 

Phil Freeman of MotoQuest and some stranger I don't recognize 

I like this picture of the big husky where I stayed 2 nights ago 

The motorcycle shop waiting area 

Breakfast of scrambled eggs and reindeer sausage 

3 comments:

  1. And what looks like rabbit pellets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred for that very insightful comment. 😉

      Delete
  2. different type of sausage, i bet you liked it.

    ReplyDelete