Sunday, June 5, 2022

June 4, 2022 - Tok, ALASKA - 380 miles

GNV4ALL made it to Alaska after 4,400 miles and 12 days! There is another 300 miles or so to Anchorage. Susie flies in Tuesday. 

Today was a lot of rough paved roads with potholes and sections of dirt. Mostly good weather with rain late afternoon.  

Short video of Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory 

Entering Alaska - yes, I forgot to take off my helmet

My route to Alaska 

You see a lot of places like Ida's along the Alaska Highway where they do anything and everything you need or want 

Thechal Dhal Visitor Center 

Thechal Dhal Visitor Center - I had to use a telescope to see the Dall Sheep walking on the steep slope.

My new friend Alaska State Senator Roger Holland riding a fairly new Indian motorcycle with a rough looking Czech sidecar. He bought it in Seattle and was riding it home to Anchorage. He had to stop once to have several broken supports welded after the sidecar almost fell off. He invited Sooz and me to meet he and his wife once we arrive in Anchorage. Of course I gave him several GNV4ALL Goes to Alaska information cards.

Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory 

Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory 

1 comment: